[Grief] TG LA + SF my reaction

Angus Spottiswoode swindonbakery at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 19:02:34 PDT 2009

Just back from amazing SF gig. I also went to the LA gig on Tuesday,
which was good but low-key. Felt like a warm up for SF.
To those of you about to see them on the last dates of the US tour,
you have a great treat ahead of you.
I won't say much.
I will say that in SF Gen brought his daughter Genesse on stage, to
applause from the audience.
And that, at the end of the SF show, the noise of the crowd was so
great that the band came back on andinstead of an encore, did a
theatrical-style, holding-hands bow. They all looked really happy and
overwhelmed by the incredible positive response.
There were some real loonies in the SF crowd, but I suppose that's to
be expected at a TG gig. We spoke to one couple in front of us who had
been at the original SF gig in '81. I admired their patience!
TG returned to the scene of the crime in style!