[Grief] ptv euro tour cancelled

danny b danny at ukbears.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Oct 6 22:16:39 PDT 2007

hi guys in case you haven'#t seen this announcement on ptv's myspace and are
inteding to travel or have bought tickets for the tour etc...

FOR ALL OUR NEW AND LOYAL FANS.

DUE TO MISMANAGEMENT AND AGENCY

INCOMPETENCE WE ARE SAD TO ANNOUNCE

PSYCHIC TV/PTV3 HAVE CHOSEN TO

CANCEL THE REMAINING PART OF OUR

CURRENT EUROPEAN DETOUR AS OF

1st OCTOBER 2007!!!!

Dear Fans, As some of you will already know, despite our best intentions,
this current European detour has been plagued with Management and Agency
incompetence thanks to a certain Adam Elfin who was serving in both those
roles. He was requested TWO YEARS AGO to set up this detour in a clear,
profitable and practical manner to ensure the best possible gig experience
for PTV3 and fans.

Despite the apparent simplicity of this task and absolute assurances in
writing (saved emails) from said Adam Elfin it has become tragically
apparent that PTV3, our crews and our fan base were seriously misled!

Before leaving the USA for Europe band members and MATSKI our Tour Manager
and front of house mixing person repeatedly emailed and phoned Adam "Bedlam"
Elfin for a finalized budget and list of gig venues. None of us EVER
received the endlessly promised budget. We did receive the list of gigs that
were listed on our My Space page and printed on the back of tour t-shirts.
But NO budget. An early email promised the band members very small fees for
playing the detour. PTV3 all chose to TRUST Adam Elfin's unsubstantiated
assurances and get on the plane to Europe.

People living in Glasgow were the first to suffer directly, as they
discovered the PTV3 gig cancelled at the last minute NOT BY PTV3 but because
AE had failed to actually confirm the show. As PTV3 traveled through
Bristol, Leeds, Birmingham UK we were told by each promoter they'd "ONLY HAD
THREE WEEKS NOTICE THE GIG WAS CONFIRMED". Thus they were too late to
promote effectively even with their very best intentions.

This seemed weird to us, as there had been ample time for any professional
agent worth their salt to book the detour with 2 years. In the past PTV3
detours were fully confirmed 6 months before leaving. We began to be
concerned.

Adam Elfin continued to avoid emails asking for SPECIFIC information on the
rest of the gig dates. He also failed to phone us despite our having 4 cell
phone numbers available on the bus.

It is worth pointing out that it was actually MATSKI who was forced to pull
in favors at the last minute to ensure we even had a bus and backline
equipment (i.e. amps, drums, etc).

Once we got to mainland Europe we discovered similar problems. Shows
confirmed 3 weeks before we arrived quite often. Those confirmed longer (5
weeks!! Which is still pathetically short notice) were promoted enough to be
packed proving our basic theory that long-term promotion a packed gig doth
make.

Then gigs we'd been promised began to mysteriously disappear. Leaving the
coming 8 days with only 3 small gigs. A band like PTV3 on the road costs
approx: 2000 Euro a day MINIMUM before they even play. People must eat,
drivers be paid, bus and equipment paid for whether you play or not. This is
all BEFORE the band and Tour Manager get paid.

To date. Despite working really hard and traveling exhausting distances, not
staying in Hotels, none of PTV3 or MATSKI has been paid a single Euro for
playing!!!! We all chose to sacrifice a LOT to play for you and have no
regrets about that. But we WERE assured minimum fees to at least PARTLY
cover rent and bills at home. So that with our paltry savings we could just
avoid HOMELESSNESS whilst still doing what we do best and LOVE. Playing in
Psychic TV/PTV3.

The most common thing said to us at every single gig so far has been: -

"THAT WAS THE BEST, MOST EXCITING GIG I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY WHOLE
LIFE.THANK YOU."

By the time we got to Stockholm we were getting desperate. Adam Elfin was
STILL ignoring our urgent email messages and we had no idea how many gigs
were still viable nor how much we would earn to cover costs nor if any of us
would ever be paid even one Euro for 6 weeks brutally tiring creative work!
And Adam Elfin had still not sent a full and clear budget.

Feeling sad and betrayed we were forced to use the information we DID scrape
together to analyze our financial position. What we discovered was we the
entire detour was in debt day to day. And that NOBODY in PTV3, not crew, nor
Matski would be paid anything. Further, we would be unable to pay for the
bus, and backline. As Adam Elfin had managed to still be paid a still
UNKNOWN number of advances. We could end up owing tens of thousands of
dollars ourselves.

Finally last night Adam "Bedlam" Elfin of ARCHANGEL MANAGEMENT called us at
1am. After 90 minutes of requesting he guarantee we were paid our minimums
AND that he tell us the still confirmed gigs he would NOT give us ANY clear,
specific financial information. In fact he seemed to avoid saying anything
that could prove the detour could survive financially and failed many times
to guarantee we would ever be paid. He simple begged for 48 more hours!

All that would do was commit us to 3-5 days waiting for him to keep his
promises whilst sitting idle on the road losing 2-3000 Euros per day. In
case he suddenly changed his way of working and told us what we needed to
know.

PLEASE BE VERY CLEAR.PTV3 REALLY WANTED TO FINISH THIS DETOUR AS PLANNED.
PLEASE ALSO BE VERY VERY CLEAR.THE ENTIRE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE REST OF
THIS DETOUR BEING CANCELLED BELONGS TO ADAM ELFIN and his ARCHANGEL
MANAGEMENT and his FIRST CONTACT AGENCY.

The general consensus of opinion right now is that it is entirely due to
ADAM ELFIN's consistent mismanagement and appalling failures in scheduling
and budgeting this detour.

Genesis says S/He has never experienced such appalling planning or
obstructive lack of communication in 39 years of touring in bands.

After once again being promised a positive paying budget and finalized gig
schedule last night in Stockholm by Adam Elfin, once again it failed to
appear this morning.

At this point it became impossible to continue the detour. PTV3 are still
left personally trying to pay off the bus and backline. PTV3 are also
borrowing money to be able to get home to New York. Adam Elfin meanwhile has
received quite a few advances from promoters that should keep him as happy
as he ever appears to get!!!!

PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT AS OF OCTOBER 1st 2007 Psychic TV/PTV3 has sacked
Adam Elfin and his spurious companies. If you want to email him you can
reach him at

AE at archangelmanagement.com OR AT

AE at firstcontactagency.com

AND PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT WE HAVE BEEN FORCED TO CANCEL THIS EUROPEAN
DETOUR BY FORCES OF APALLING INCOMPETENCE BEYOND OUR CONTROL.

We love our fans; we love PTV3 and WE WILL RETURN.

PTV3.STORMTROOPERS OF EVOLUTION!!!!!