[Grief] TGV reactions

hex hex at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Dec 27 14:56:53 PST 2007

> TG have never really been about quality control. Ever since the reunion
> they have only been trying to capitalize on the name. Just look at what
> they charge for shows or for any of their merchandise on their website

?
Almost ALL stuf they've released recently has been very reasonably priced I
would say!!! With the exception of pretty clearly marked "collectors" items
(totem sets, Desertshore etc) - if we're talking about TGV here - that's
pretty reasonable too! -  a tenner a disc, nice booklet etc etc - AND VERY
CLEARLY stated that these should not be compared to conventional commercial
products/DVDs

TG and Quality Control? I think you're confused!!! I'm pretty sure TG are
still involved in all aspects of their releases all of which are high
quality - however the CONTENT may not be ;-) - it's never been about shiny,
commercial product - so of course it's not going to sound/look like that! As
far as I look at it TG24, Desertshore,TGV etc etc are audio/video documents
probably of little or no intrest to even the average TG fan but I've never
come across any other band brave enough (or stupid enough?) to release 24hrs
of stuf in one go nevermind it's all live from poor/ageing masters etc!! If
they were trying to capitalise on the name there are far less risky releases
they could have done which I'm sure would yield far more dosh as would a nice
World Tour.

Basically the point is these are pretty non-commercial products with very
small runs (aka "Limited Editions" !!!!) so cost more to produce per unit so
obviously retail for more too - and in TG's case I don't see it as an
outrageous mark up. The live shows seem pretty reasonably priced too -so much
so I have absolutely no idea how much they were (Desertshore was a bit more -
but was hardly your conventional show either) and Astoria was FREE for
fucksake!!!

....I believe the Spice Girls have a new album out and are doing a reunion
tour - maybe their prices/products/tickets are the sort of better value you
seek ;-)

DIL23
:)
.....and of course Happy Hexmas and a Great New yEra to ALL!