[Grief] In the Shadow of the Sun

andy at flesheatingants.com andy at flesheatingants.com
Wed Dec 26 10:52:46 PST 2007

-In my boxing day state, I got my numbers mixed up - and my video
argument doesn't hold up so well.

Film = 24FPS
NTSC = ~30 FPS
PAL = 25fps.

An article on PAL speed up though is anyone is curious:
http://www.mastersofcinema.org/bresson/Words/On_PALspeedup.html

Possible simper reasons for the time inconsistencies would be tape
warping over time, or the VCR speed being off, or something happening
in the transfer to the VHS copy you have.  But since you work in TV
you probably know all this already.;-)

The issue of transferring the PAL TG videos to NTSC though is still
somewhat odd, as the quality will suffer in the transfer and with the
dollar being so weak I can't see many people in the US, who can't play
PAL DVDs anyway, forking out nearly $200 for the set.

-Andy

Quoting andy at flesheatingants.com: