[Grief] Re: Grief Digest, Vol 46, Issue 1

C. A. Polk capolk at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 5 18:49:30 PDT 2006

>From: David Bourgoin <david_bourgoin at yahoo.co.uk>
>Dwelling on things that are long past and you can't
>change is nothing but a waste of energy.....

Who saiid anything about "changing" anything? I was talking about enjoying
and getting pleasure out of something from the past - which hardly seems to
me to be a "waste" of energy.

>I don't recall saying that just because something is
>new that it's exciting I was sugggesting that Fred
>focus his energy in a forwards direction rather than a
>backwards looking one.

Just as I am suggesting here, again, that "direction of time" is a silly way
to determine where one should focus one energies - coupled with the fact
that perhaps he chooses to focus his energies in a different direction to
begin with. Which is something that's his decision.

>And hey, why so hostile.....

First "bitter", now "hostile", and I have yet to detect any "bitterness" or
"hostility" going on anywhere here. Why so determined to turn this from some
sort of exchange of opinions into some sort of confrontation? An "enjoyable
show", perhaps?  ; >