[Grief] Psychic TV Tour Dates Announced!

Freenoise UK freenoiseuk at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Sep 4 18:58:38 PDT 2006

PSYCHIC TV 2006 UK dates:
Oct 5th - Sheffield The Boardwalk
Oct 6th - Birmingham Barfly
Oct 7th - London Astoria

Tickets for Sheffield on ebay (same price)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&item=270025506751

http://www.freenoise.co.uk/articles/oct06/psychic-tv.htm

Those of you who have seen PTV3 live will know that you get two hours of
high energy hyperdelic rock.
The latest Psychic TV studio album for eleven years,
"Hell is Invisible...Heaven is Her/e"
is to be released in September to coincide with the tour and features Nick
Zinner of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs on guitar and the vocal of Gibby Haynes from
The Butthole Surfers. A year in the making, Genesis has called the album, a
"dark side of the moon for the 21st Century". The live show will feature
much of the new album and hopefully reworked old favorites such as
'Godstar', 'Really Free' and 'Ov Power' and features and all new video light
show by Sterile Cowboy

Line up (tbc):
Genesis Breyer P-Orridge - Vocals / Noise bass
Lady Jaye Breyer P-Orridge - Samples
Morrison Edley (Toilet Boys) - Drums
Alice Genese (Candy Ass / Pretty Boys) - Bass.
David Max (HIT) - Guitars.
Markus Aurelius Cirkus Maximus Dangerous Fabulous Persson - Keyboards.

More sporadic info from Genesis at http://www.genesisp-orridge.com
Psychic TV website: www.myspace.com/ptv3

GENESIS P-ORRIDGE was born in Manchester, England in 1950. He was a member
of the Kinetic action group Exploding Galaxy/Transmedia Exploration in
1969-70. He conceived and founded the seminal British "performance art"
group Coum Transmissions in August 1969. He became a member of Throbbing
Gristle in 1975, of Psychic TV in 1981, and of spoken word/ambient theatre
group Thee Majesty in 1999. He invented the term/genre "Industrial Music"
(with Monte Cazazza) on September 3rd, 1975. He has released more than 200
CDs of experiments in music to date. He has worked and collaborated with
William S. Burroughs; Brion Gysin (inventor of "Cut-Ups"); filmaker Derek
Jarman; Dr. Timothy Leary among others.
As an early pioneer of Rave Movement in UK and USA, he has published
thousands of articles, texts, interviews covering the functional and
metaphysical implications and strategies of popular culture. He has also
explored human behaviour, ritual, and personality modification through the
splintering of expectations in private situations to create collaged
"Sigils." He currently lives in New York as a musician, author, cultural
engineer/commentator and fine artist. The most controversial of his latest
live art is the 'pandrogyny' project; the annihalation of sexual gender.
More info available at www.genesisp-orridge.com

Psychic TV has a long and storied history that can never be done justice in
a concise bio. Therefore, we will not take much space with its telling, but
will direct the majestic reader to one of the many sites that have taken it
on with aplomb, such as www.GenesisP-Orridge.com. Instead, we wish to focus
on the near past, present and near futures of PTV3 as it takes flight for
all to marvel. Psychic TV's last incarnation ended several years ago with
the release of the dreamy 'Trip Reset'. It was recently seen selling at
Ameoba Records in Los Angeles filed away under 'industrial' music, which it
could not be further from due to its soft, obviously psychedelic textures
and imagery. But Genesis P-Orridge has always carried on her back the weight
of the work that she has created in the past, and because of her work with
some of the most legendary of sonic anarchists, Throbbing Gristle. Throbbing
Gristle could accurately be described as 'industrial', some of the time. But
TG's music is too slippery to be categorized, yet we must categorize, musn't
we? So it seems that wherever Gen goes, so must the tag. But make no
mistake, Psychic TV is and has been a much different experiment. Drawing on
the influences of Genesis' past, mostly his/her early years as a deviant Mod
in 1960's London, PTV would mix and match or 'cut-up' sight/sound/feeling to
create new psychedelic fumes for us to breath. For many years she did just
that, until Psychic TV gave way to Thee Majesty, Genesis' spoken
word/ambient sound project with Bryin Dall and Larry Thrasher. Thee Majesty
went on to make many otherwordly recordings and give sumptuous live
performances. Thee Majesty re-energized Gens commitment to sound, but that
was not enough for her. In 2003, Genesis, in conjunction with the prodding
of old friend Electric Eddie O'dowd (drummer of NY Glam legends, Toilet
Boys), the decision to reform PTV was made. With Eddie signed on as drummer
and creative co-director, the two began to design their dream incarnation of
the band. The band would encompass all that PTV had been stylistically from
their early no-wave sound through to the 'hyperdelic' trance rock of the
late eighties and early nineties. But it would not be limited to past
versions of PTV. It would be everything Genesis ever wanted PTV to be, that
it wasn't. This sound would be linked to Brian Jones, Syd Barrett, Don Van
Vliet, and all the psychedelic pioneers of the past and the ones Gen and
Eddie were listening to in the present. They began looking around NY for the
perfect players, like souled-minds who could help make their vision reality.
This new band would also incorporate the influences of all the players,
forming a collaboration in the truest sense. Alice Genese, bass
vibrationalist of power acts Sexpod, CandyAss, and most recently Pretty Boys
was tapped to rumble the drinks off tables. Like Alice, an old friend of
Eddies from the miasma of East Village scenes past, David Max was asked to
step into the role of guitar player. David had performed in psychedelic
noise band Tadpoles and more recently HIT, the drug/studio experiment that
was only known to those lucky enough to wander into its lair. Markus Persson
joined as keyboardist through sheer persistence and power of will. Markus, a
fan of Gens since he was a small podling, literally pushed his way into PTV
and has made his keyboard into more that just keys, squeezing out sounds
that would make the pope cry. Eddie would set the groove and Gens
pandrogynous other half Lady J would operate various sampling and percussive
mechanisms. But wait a second, what is Pandrogyny, you may ask? Pandrogyny
is art, more specifically, it is a concept/project of Lady Jaye and Genesis'
that attempts to analyze the future of evolution as it pertains to the human
body and gender, with the goal of illuminating the very real possiblities
provided by modern technology to alter our bodies thereby altering our minds
and our societies. But maybe we should just ask Genesis. "We are not trying
to look like twins, though we wouldn't mind that if it were possible. We are
seeking to give an initial impression ov visual similarity as far as we can.
As a 56 y-era old biological male who is 5 foot six inches with a 30 inch
waist E can never reasonably expect to look identical to Lady Jaye Who is a
biological female who is 35 y-eras old and 5 foot 10 inches high with a 24
inch waist. Butter we are interested in thee concept ov PANDROGENY and being
coumitted enough to surrender our bodies to surguries even if we end up not
liking how we look. That is not what we are concerned with. We have no urge
to try and "look better", or younger, or more "glamourous". Nor are we
changing gender. Pandrogeny is about neutralising gender in order to
REPRESENT a future possibility for thee species. I.T. is a way ov BEING not
a way ov looking, butter we use thee visual cues to give an impression that
symbolises EVOLUTION and radical biological and structural change. Thee
human body is not sacred. Far from I.T. thee body is a container within
which dwells thee MIND. Thee consciousness. "YOU" are/is thee collection ov
memories, thoughts, and experiences stored in coum miraculous way in thee
brain and nervous system coumbined with thee species recording device DNA.
Your body is a means ov tasting thee wonders ov physical material existence
and ov giving thee ethereal consciousness that is you a means ov mobility
and ov sensory perception. Thee body transmits to you both to experience,
and to protect and maintain your container." With Pandrogyny, Gen is
lighting a path of philosophical revolution, and to it, PTV3 adds the
hyperdelic soundtrack and ritualized ecstatic sensual overload that provides
a place to be free to explore ourselves. (To be continued...)
Taken from www.myspace.com/ptv3

2006 UK dates:
Oct 5th - Sheffield The Boardwalk
Oct 6th - Birmingham Barfly
Oct 7th - London Astoria
_______________________

BELOW IS AN OLD MESSAGE WHICH IS APPEARING AT THE TOP OF THE SEARCH FOR
PSYCHIC TV TOUR - THIS COPY IS AN ATTEMPT TO KNOCK THE OUT OF DATE MSG OFF
THE SEARCH

[Grief] Psychic TV Tour Dates Announced!
Jeff Tomlinson brak109 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 22 19:55:04 EDT 2004

no toronto date? this sucks. i bet if they came to toronto it would be in
some place that would only allow people over the age of 19 anyways.
although, i hope if they decide to  come to toronto in the near future they
consider the under 19's and make the show all ages.

anyone whos seen ptv, have the shows ever been all ages?