[Grief] Beginning and the End (continued)

andy at flesheatingants.com andy at flesheatingants.com
Wed May 3 09:28:23 PDT 2006

Hey gang,
Well this project has gotten my interest, the problem is I don't have
any of the orig tapes (save a dub of live at The Factory).  Well
here's what I propose (provided we can get access to the source
material and everyone that is concerned is OK with it) is the
production of a 3CD set that is supplementary to the TG24 and TG+
sections:
disc 1: the intros and outros cut from all the cassette releases
(could be enough for 2 discs I suppose)
disc 2 + 3 - the original interview tapes inside the cassette box set

If people are able to transfer the start and end of the tapes over
then I'm more than happy to remaster them and compile them onto a CD.
I'm not a pro with a studio like Chris, but I'm good enough with cool
edit pro that a remastered track I set to Kevin Key wound up on The
Worst Of Hilt CD.  I'd also see about getting artwork designed.

Once all is completed, and assuming everyone concerned is OK with the
project, they could be converted to lossless flac files and put either
on brainwashed or archive.org to be downloaded - along with the artwork.

Now, if there's interest in people doing the tape ripping end of
things then I'll run it by C&C and see if the band give it the all
clear.  What does everyone think?

OK - here is a list of all the tapes original copies need to be found,
and owners willing to check for new material, and then rip new
material onto their PC (on a tape deck that plays at the right speed -
I've had nightmare problems with this recently converting old tapes)

IRCA - interview tape
IRCB - interview tape

IRC02  THROBBING GRISTLE, "I.C.A., LONDON"                          1976
IRC03  THROBBING GRISTLE, "WINCHESTER/AIR GALLERY"                  1976
IRC04  THROBBING GRISTLE, "NAGS HEAD, HIGH WYCOMBE"                 1977
IRC05  THROBBING GRISTLE, "BURLINGTON POLYTECHNIC"                  1977
IRC06  THROBBING GRISTLE, "NUFFIELD THEATRE, SOUTHAMPTON"           1977
IRC07  THROBBING GRISTLE, "RAT CLUB, PINDAR, LONDON"                1977
IRC08  THROBBING GRISTLE, "HIGHBURY ROUNDHOUSE, LONDON"             1977
IRC09  THROBBING GRISTLE, "WINCHESTER ART SCHOOL"                   1977
IRC10  THROBBING GRISTLE, "RAT CLUB, VALENTINO ROOMS, LONDON"       1977
IRC11  THROBBING GRISTLE, "BRIGHTON POLYTECHNIC"                    1978
IRC12  THROBBING GRISTLE, "ARCHITECTURAL ASSOCIATION, LONDON"       1978
IRC13  THROBBING GRISTLE, "GOLDSMITH'S COLLEGE, LONDON"             1978
IRC14  THROBBING GRISTLE, "INDUSTRIAL TRAINING COLLEGE, WAKEFIELD"  1978
IRC15  THROBBING GRISTLE, "FILM MAKERS CO-OP, LONDON"               1978
IRC16  THROBBING GRISTLE, "CRYPTIC ONE CLUB, LONDON"                1978
IRC17  THROBBING GRISTLE, "CENTRO IBERICO, LONDON"                  1979
IRC18  THROBBING GRISTLE, "AJANTA CINEMA, DERBY"                    1979
IRC19  THROBBING GRISTLE, "SHEFFIELD UNIVERSITY"                    1979
IRC20  THROBBING GRISTLE, "THE FACTORY, MANCHESTER"                 1979
IRC21  THROBBING GRISTLE, "GUILD HALL, NORTHAMPTON"                 1979
IRC22  THROBBING GRISTLE, "Y.M.C.A., LONDON"                        1979
IRC23  THROBBING GRISTLE, "TG IN THE STUDIO"                        1979
IRC24  THROBBING GRISTLE, "BUTLERS WHARF, LONDON"                   1979
IRC25  THROBBING GRISTLE, "FAN CLUB, LEEDS"                         1979
IRC26  THROBBING GRISTLE, "SCALA CINEMA, LONDON"                    1979
IRC29  THROBBING GRISTLE, "AT GOLDSMITH'S COLLEGE"                  1980
IRC30  THROBBING GRISTLE, "OUNDLE PUBLIC SCHOOL"                    1980
IRC33  THROBBING GRISTLE, "AT SHEFFIELD UNIVERSITY"                 1980

Also if anyone has old bootleg/liscenced copies of any of these which
have extra material on them:

IRCD36 THROBBING GRISTLE, "S.O. 36 CLUB BERLIN 7/11/80"             1980
IRCD37 THROBBING GRISTLE, "S.O. 36 CLUB BERLIN 7/11/80"             1980
IRCD38 THROBBING GRISTLE, "KUNSTHOFSCHULE FRANKFURT"                1980
IRCD39 THROBBING GRISTLE, "RAFTERS CLUB, MANCHESTER"                1980
IRCD40 THROBBING GRISTLE, "HEAVEN, LONDON"                          1980
IRCD41 THROBBING GRISTLE, "LYCEUM, LONDON"                          1981
IRCD42 THROBBING GRISTLE, "VETERANS AUDITORIUM, LOS ANGELES"        1981
IRCD43 THROBBING GRISTLE, "KEZAR PAVILION, SAN FRANCISCO"           1981

So if people with tapes want to start listing putting their initials
next to what they have then we can start scoring off the shows which
have no new material (I'm assuming the San Fran show for one can come
off right away) and then decide who's able to rip the material and
send it over.  Sending the files is incredibly easy, we can just do it
via www.yousendit.com .

Perhaps this should move over to the TG Live LJ if it takes off, so
it's less cluttered than emails firing back and forth on the list.

Any comments, complaints, ideas?

Hopefully this works out, will be a fun project!
-Andy.