[Grief] More delays

jgm mujyo at comcast.net
Tue Mar 14 12:04:56 PST 2006

EMI now own MUTE I believe, though other than that MUTE is supposed to be the
same. Seeing how fast the CAN reissues got out it does seem strange that TG
would have delays. Though a -new album- by a seminal band making a "come
back" might be seen as something to wait on by label heads at EMI, I dunno.
Maybe it will turn into one of those things where an indie band ends up on a
major label because their label sells out (or they do) and then they record a
new big album and it gets stuck in limbo for five years. So either an
internet release of the album is imminent or TG is going to jump to an indie
label. Or not, and the album will see the light of day in a few months. Or
maybe the album is just really dangerous art and the Mute/EMI are being
careful in this delicate climate.