[Grief] Live #1 - Air Gallery 7/6/76

miike kitano61 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 18:48:08 PDT 2006

absolutely!

  bland, medicocre, "frilly" music that washes over you, leaving nothing  in its wake...  music sinking that low is scary - terrifying!

  kawa

"C. A. Polk" <capolk at hotmail.com> wrote:  >From: "name pending"

>I actually liked the UK Guardian article.  Partially because at the time I
>read it, the idea of listening to 24 hours straight of TG was pretty much
>unbearable, considering 3 minutes could scare me shitless.

You know - people take this shit way too seriously sometimes. It's heavy,
it's forbidding, it's intense - but "scary"? Come on, now. Really. What
passes for "pop" these days - now THAT's scary.

>What I did like was the portion of the article where he went to the
>underground and took off his headphones, only to find the noise around him
>was far worse.  I've had those moments.  They are a good, solid reminder
>that what TG points toward is the real world.

Again - this is certainly not limited to TG. I never - and I mean NEVER - am
out in pubic without headphones on. (I also don't find TG all that conducive
to "moving about" listening, but that's just me.) But I've gotten to the
point where I get seriously agitated by having to stand in a line somewhere
and listen to the meaningless drivel going on around me.

Humanity - just say no!  : >

and now, i am tired of you, funny face.  come, climb with me into this sack of stones, for it is into the river we must go.

www.elbowjelly.biz:  a waste of honey.