[Grief] IRCD02 review

David Law dlaw at mva.co.uk
Thu Apr 27 11:22:27 PDT 2006

Hey

You have the tape version too? I'd be really innarested to see what
they cut out for the CD selection (I seem to remember things like
Corronation St theme tune played at the end of gigs (ditto Martin
Denny/Tiny Tim etc) and the excellent intro to Rat Club of White
Christmas (Bing Crosby!!!)  dissolving into mush!!!

(Guess who hasn't got the lot!)

I think I heard that all that has been removed for copyright reasons on
TG24 (CD version) - but I think it's integral to the sound documents :(
- so should be on there - that's what happened at the gig afterall!

I always thought it was a bit like having an orgasm!! (ie they used to
finish mostly with something like Whorle of Sound (very intense)
followed by soothing Denny type stuf (relaxing) (Blush Blush Blush!!!)

Let me know your thoughts - and I'll contribute to live journal when I
get to one I actually have!!

DIL23
:)

>>> adam.klotblixt at tanner.se 27/04/2006 09:52:08 >>>
The CD is one long 60-minute track, but the music is only some 40
minutes
long. The rest is just digital silence.

A tentative track-listing:
01 00:00 Intro
02 01:50 Very Friendly
03 17:40 We Hate You
04 19:28 Unknown Instrumental
05 23:43 Slug Bait
06 28:00 Dead Ed
07 32:00 Interlude with introduction of next track
08 32:50-40:13 Zyklon B Zombie

The intro is just some talk and testing (?) of instruments.

Very Friendly is a song which I really like, and this is a very good
version
of it. To me, this song does a VERY good job at delivering the madness
and
creepiness of the crimes described in the lyrics.

We Hate You and Very Friendly blend into each other, so it's hard to
tell
when the songs separate. Not my favorite song, but quite short,
energetic
and hateful.

Some bass and synth form the Unknown Instrumental, along with some
samples
from TV/radio (?). Quite boring.

Slug Bait sounds very complete, something I didn't anticipate from this

early concert. I really like Gen's echo on the song, it nags at
something in
my head.

Dead Ed ends in a whorle of sound. Nice.

The interlude is Gen talking and some intruments grazing the soundscape

without real purpose.

Zyklon B Zombie is a lot of good noise. Ends with an beating single
tone.

This is only their 3rd concert but as a whole this concert is very
impressive! The TG-sound is really there and I get the feeling that
they
have got their dynamics in order, they play together as a unit.

Most of the songs from this concert are available on other CDs, but
I'll
have to take a dig into the archives to see which songs appear where.
I'll
also compare to the tape-version to see what differs (if anything).

/Adam Klotblixt

http://www.star.net.uk