[Grief] livejournal

C. A. Polk capolk at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 26 19:26:16 PDT 2006

>From: Euripydes <euripydes at gmail.com>
>Wh'appen..?
>The tglive livejournal has gone... Too early, surely, to call it a day!
>E.

Well - here's the deal.

I made it abundantly (and repeatedly) clear that I wanted this to be a
community effort. And the last two notices I made - both on the front page
of the journal, and here on the list - specifically mentioned/requested that
if people would like to join the fray, to please do so. And I have received
- zip. Nada. Not a word. From anybody. (And the comments on the site itself
have not exactly been voluminous, either - or at least not in relation to
the level of interest here that seemed to be expressed at the outset.)

So - this morning, I deleted the thing, to see if anyone would even notice.
And lo and behold - two answers within a few hours. So what's going on? Is
everybody just wanting to read it, or do we actually have people who want to
contribute also?

The reason I decided to set it up like I did was to keep it organized and
tidy, and so it wouldn't become too much of a sprawling mess. If anybody is
turned off by this, a) I'm sorry, and b) you shouldn't be. What I said, I
meant - anybody that sends something to me is going to have it posted up
there, unedited, and with full credit.

We can change the chronological aspect also, I suppose, if anybody is having
a problem with this. It would be quite easy for me to just make links on the
main page that go to each disc - so whatever anybody sends can go up
whenever I get it, and we can gradually fill it all in.

Or - is the problem that nobody (or very few) here actually have the boxes
to start with? If this is the case, then I understand, but once again - my
impression from the original reactions to the idea did not lead me to
believe that this was the case.

Anyway - I still think it's a good idea. I've personally been sick as a dog
the past few days, and also busy with other things, so I haven't even been
able to get to the ICA show as of yet. Which, I thought, wouldn't be much of
a problem, since I figured that surely I would have seen some stuff
trickling in by now from other parties. But alas....silence.

So - somebody start showing me that this is something they actually have an
interest in, and we're back in business. I'm more than happy to admin and
maintain the thing - IF it's a functional, ongoing concern. Otherwise, it's
a rather pointless waste of time. (Kinda like this new version of
"Persuasion", for instance.....but we'll let that pass for now....)  : p

CAP