[Grief] Live #1 - Air Gallery 7/6/76

C. A. Polk capolk at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 15 22:31:23 PDT 2006

>From: "name pending" <aisuelite at gmail.com>
>As to seriousness, it's curious to examine that question in relation to the
>band.  While none of them took it wholly seriously ("brains in my
>marmelade,
>spoiling my breakfast!"--I should hope no one would take that seriously), I
>think the aspect of their "mission" that was serious was given perhaps very
>different weight by the different members.  I'm almost certain that is a
>part of the tension between them.

Well - I would agree with that to an extent. However, I would also add, as
sappy and maudlin as it may sound to some - I think one of the main reasons
for the original split, and quite possibly lingering, uncomfortable
sentiments to this day, is pretty obvious.

To put it another way - this isn't quite the friendly triangle that George,
Patti and Eric were, I don't believe.