[Grief] Live #1 - Air Gallery 7/6/76

Cameron Smart & Ana Belen Estella cam.belen at virgin.net
Sat Apr 15 22:14:36 PDT 2006

The blog thing is a great idea.

I personally got quite annoyed with this article. Reducing TG to some sort
of circus act that you did some macho posturing by listening to it to show
how hard you were. I actually did something similar (but I think more
worthwhile) at the time that TG24 was released by listening to one CD a
week, and only that CD (or the 2 previous TG24 CDs that fitted onto my old
MP3 player). I listened to absolutely nothing else for 6 months. I must say
that it was like coming through the Event Horizon or something when I
finished and I really found it difficult to listen to anything else for a
good few weeks.Listening to them like that was like driving quite slowly and
watching the landscape go by. I really wanted to speak to people about it,
and would really have loved this blog thing, but being stuck in Hong Kong at
the time, people looked at me in a sort of indulgent way they do with a
relative who has lost it. But not having an outlet made it an even more
intense experience. Abiding memory was being on a rush hour tube in Hong
Kong at the time of the SARS outbreak in April 2003, just when the gigs were
the e-coli stuff and being surrounded by throngs of people with dentist
masks on.

I then did the same for 3 months when TG24 came out. Obviously.

I won't promise the contribute to all of them, as changes in my domestic
situation means I've got limited time, but will try to listen to selected
ones and re-conjure up my sentiments.

Cameron