[Grief] OK gang - here we go

C. A. Polk capolk at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 15 04:37:10 PDT 2006

We now have a TG Live Live Journal home. It is located at :

http://tglive.livejournal.com/

For those of you who have not used this site before, here's a quick rundown
of the main stuff :

1. Clicking the "user info" link will bring up the main account info page,
with the little "manifesto" I have written. If anybody would like to make
comments or suggestions about this, please feel free to let me know about
them (though let's do that here, not there.) My goal is, as I have stated
here previously, to keep what's there very focused on the topic at hand, and
to not stray into other areas (which we can still discuss here.)

1a. To get back to the main journal page, just click the tglive link at the
top of the info page.

2. You (or anybody) can comment simply by clicking the "leave comment" link
at the bottom of the entry. I have started the ball rolling, and to give an
idea of what it all looks like, by reposting my original first "review", and
the three comments (pertaining to the recording) that have followed it.

2a. If there are already comments there, by going to those, and then
choosing "reply to this", the subject (disc/concert) info will automatically
show up in the subject header. Should you be the first one to leave a
comment, it would be good to cut and paste the title header from the main
entry (as I did for these first examples) just for continuity's sake. (My
neatness/anal side, there - sorry.)  : >

3. The "archive" link is rather self-explanatory. It'll show you when posts
have been made, and give you quick access to them. And as I mention on the
info page, just because we've moved on to the next show/disc certainly
doesn't mean the book is closed on the previous discussions either. I would
like to think that all of the discussions can stay "alive" in some way,
furthering the whole archive/resource aspect that some of us have expressed
a desire to try to accomplish with this.

4. Basically, the reason you would need a password would be if you had a
first review to post. If you want to do this, just e-mail for the pw, and
then you can go to town. I am committed to this idea/project, and would be
happy to be the one to initiate the discussion of each one, just to keep
things simple - but I'm not trying to hog all the action, or anything like
that. So - if you want a password, just e-mail me off list and let me know.

4. There appear to be 98 people who list TG as an interest of theirs on
their profiles. Rather than go after them, though, I would rather let them
find us. But if anybody knows people on there and wants to bring them in, by
all means, do. Not trying to keep it exclusive - just want to make sure we
try to keep it reasonable and organized.

5. On a similar note, if anybody else here has a LJ account and would like
to add the tglive account to your friends list, go right ahead, and I will
add you back as a friend on it.

All I can think of at the moment. Hope everybody likes it, and again, please
feel free to let me know about any possible tweaks or suggestions you may
have. It really is a simple system to use, I think. Let's see how it goes.

CAP

PS. - I'll go ahead and start the Winchester (or Air Gallery, take your
picK) discussion sometime tomorrow or Sunday.