[Grief] Live #1 - Air Gallery 7/6/76

David Bourgoin david_bourgoin at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 14 18:48:12 PDT 2006

I find this 21 minute track a little inconsistent. It
starts of well with a really nice bass heavy sound
with Genesis spouting out some of Dead Ed.

As you say the TG sound is already very much in
existence (can't say the same about Winchester though,
but more of that next time I guess)but it seems to
wander off from it's good beginning into a session of
four people who seem to be twiddling knobs and
plucking strings but all individually rather than as a
band. And as such it really loses it after what was a
good beginning. It shows they had good ideas already
but weren't quite capable of putting those across well
in a live environment.

Dave B