[Grief] Any more?

C. A. Polk capolk at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 13 18:51:17 PDT 2006

>From: David Bourgoin <david_bourgoin at yahoo.co.uk>

>--- "C. A. Polk" <capolk at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes. That's true. So we're limited to only talking
> > about the current stuff
> > here then, is that it?

>No not at all but in all the years I've been on here
>nothing gets discussed or mentioned until a new
>project is under way. And then it's just along the
>lines of "oh they aren't as good as they used to be."
>Never noticed this being used for discussion of
>previous releases.

Hmmm....how many other "new" projects were there until these past two years?

You're also still not getting it in terms of "not as good as they used to
be". Not what I'm saying (nor, I don't think, what anyone else is saying.)
The point is they *are* not - and cannot - be what they used to be. You said
it yourself - times change, people change. (Especially in GPO's case -
rimshot....but seriously, folks....)

2006 and 1976 are not the same places, in any way, shape or form. Simple as
that. So we go back to the question I posed previously - what exactly is the
"drive" here in the current material? (And if it's money, by the way -
that's fine - I have no problem with that - as long as we call it what it is
from the outset, and not get bogged down in some sort of re-jigged version
of history just to accomodate it.)

You seem to be taking the tack of whatever they do, whenever they do it,
it'll be worthwhile, just because it's them. Which, again, is fine, if
that's how you feel. There are several artists that I personally probably
feel the same way about. And I do love TG dearly - but they don't fill that
bill for me.

I must say - if anything, what this entire thread has now made me want to do
is to go, chronologically, through the all of the live discs in the next few
weeks. If anybody else would like to join in on this, we could start a
thread about it, commenting on each one as we go. Sign up now!!