[Grief] Any more?

miike kitano61 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 14:19:02 PDT 2006

aye, i'll concede the first 2 ramones' lps were ok.  but from  "rocket to russia onwards" - euch.  popmusic.  and wasn't  "road to ruin" produced by phil spector?
  i was on my way back from the shops, listening to the dead boys on my walkman...
  and of course, the stooges. - godfathers of punk?  oh yes, at least as much as the velvets.
  the same way clock dva took tg's basic template and ran with it, producing four absolutely timeless lps.

  kawa

Grant Regnaert <tripreset at hotmail.com> wrote:  I don't care for the Beatles all that much, but  I realy love the EARLY Ramones!!! Only there 1st 4-5  years though(from 1974-1978), the rest of there stuff REALLY SUCKS! But  there early stuff(like TG) really kicked ass(IMO) & pretty much set  the stage for the rest of punk. I mean even the Pistols didn't come out  until almost 2 years AFTER the Ramones!
  And I know the (proto-punk)bands like Stooges(Iggy Pop), MC5, etc.  paved the way for the Ramones, but TG ="The GODFATHERS" OF  INDUSTRIAL; & RAMONES ="THE GODFATHERS" OF PUNK! At least  IMO!    just my 2 pence worth!

     "Love? What is it? The  most natural pain-killer that there is. LOVE"       William S. Burroughs