[Grief] Any more?

miike kitano61 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 10:11:48 PDT 2006

i only used "mutant tg" as an example because someone else had brought  up "tg now".  neither of which is "heathen earth", are they?
  imo, the gig at the astoria was interesting, no more than that.   standing around outside in the baking sun for an hour because of the  disorganisation inside?  the 19-deep queue at the bar?  four  people who used to be in (also imo) the most important band this  country's produced; now reduced to a circus.
  i haven't bothered seeing tg since, however reports back from those who have are getting progressively more scathing.
  this is not the same band that created "2nd annual report" under the  last labour government, when punk was in full bloom.  this is not  the same band that gave us "heathan earth" against a backdrop of  thatcher, riots and new romantics..
  this is more like crosby, stills, nash & gristle.  the reunions, the corporate label, the stadium sized events.
  as someone pointed out earlier.  the live boxes are more than enough.

  oh, and does anyone want to bet that if crass reformed tomorrow, it would be a hundred times worse?

  kawa

David Bourgoin <david_bourgoin at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:  Of course Mutant TG isn't going to make people go out
and start bands it's a remix album.

But the gig at the Astoria was great the DVD of it
looks just as great and I'm enjoying the new TG
events.
So many people want to just knock them down all the
time and have some sort of desire to see them fail.

If you think it's that bad and that pointless than get
up of your arse and go and do something yourselves
instead of just complaining about TG reforming.

Dave B