[Grief] Any more?

jgm mujyo at comcast.net
Wed Apr 12 20:48:41 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 7:06 am, mark wrote:
> "people still fucking -buy- depeche mode, erasure, goldfrapp and moby cds?
> "
>
> People buy popular music shocker!!
>
> Most people don't really like music. They listen to stuff that reminds them
> of being a teenager and good times and stuff. And things other people like.
>
> Are you expecting people to suddenly stop behaving like this and start
> thinking about what they listen to?

Actually I've not heard those bands mentioned for a long time, not even from
my trendiest friends. I'm sure people still go to their shows, but I doubt
their CD sales are anything worth noting. Well except for maybe Goldfrapp I
heard a friend say she wanted to buy the CD, but that was last year when it
was big in the UK. So, I was honestly rhetorically saying that I don't think
people buy that shit. I try to keep up on bestsellers through various
channels as well and never see those names pop up. Maybe they're popular in
relation to Panasonic... Plus just because people buy an album to feel
something they might have lost, well that doesn't mean they're 'not
thinking'. You don't have to listen to non-melodic 'outsider' music to have a
conscious relationship to your tunes.