Antw: RE: [Grief] Nervous chat up

C. A. Polk capolk at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 18 01:13:12 EDT 2004

>From: RWKolk at cs.com
>In een bericht met de datum 18-9-04 0:32:39 West-Europa (zomertijd),
>schrijft
>capolk at hotmail.com:
>
><< Listen to Hot On The
>  Heels Of Love back to back with Giorgio Moroder's Utopia - Me Giorgio
>some
>  time for a similar effect. >>
>
>Same with Electronic Systems ( pre Telex technodisco)

It always irks me how Telex usually gets written off/ignored in most
electronic pop histories. Were they operating from quite the same "artistic"
angle as a lot of people? Maybe not. But on a pure sound and technological
level, the majority of their stuff stands up to almost anybody. For
1978/1979, tracks like Pakmovast and Moskow Diskow were - and are -
stunning.