[Grief] Nervous chat up

C. A. Polk capolk at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 17 23:16:57 EDT 2004

>From: Ben Waddington <falsedog at yahoo.com>

>Fans of Moebius & Roedelius will know how similar the
>track "Nervos" on Begegnungen (1984) sounds to TG's
>live track "Chat Up" (as it appears on the  Ajanta
>Cinema recording 1979).  I always assumed it was TG's
>tune originally but having recently played Tom
>Dissevelt's Fantasy in Orbit LP (1963) the familiar
>rhythm & odd noises is there too on the first track
>"Ignition". Goes to show doesn't it? that, erm...

Yes, exactly - erm, what? It's a similar rhythm. So? Listen to Hot On The
Heels Of Love back to back with Giorgio Moroder's Utopia - Me Giorgio some
time for a similar effect.

Also, in case you're interested - Nervos is by Moebius solo track, and is
from the 1983 LP Tonspuren. Begegnungen is a compilation.