Antw: Re: [Grief] The Taste Of TG

RWKolk at cs.com RWKolk at cs.com
Tue Jun 29 17:09:34 EDT 2004

In een bericht met de datum 29-6-04 21:26:38 West-Europa (zomertijd),
schrijft turbid at turbid.com:

<< the taste of tg is kinda flimsy and should probably be sold at a discount
 rate. >>

I do agree with that. The artwork is a bit flimsy and does not get the
message across to people unfamiliar with TG. It's all a bit blurry and the artwork
and text on the front is not really inviting. Its' artwork in my opinion is not
that much better then that of the "Dossierbootlegs-serie" really. It just
looks like another bootleg to me
The choice of tracks is ok, but I still think, personally that is, that a
version of Discipline should have been on it. It's a late TGlivetrack, but one
that over time really grew and grew. Had TG made another album after "Journey
through a body" it would maybe have made it to that album. The fact that it was
performed at the the Astoria could maybe seen as it being considered one of
the alltime TGfav's.
Looking at the tracks on " The taste of TG"  I think this "Introduction" is
more aiming at the "Electroclash"crowd with tracks like "Hot on the heels of
love", Walkabout", "Distant dreams", "United", "Something came over me" being
constructed round a electro/dancebeat.
This a quite different "Introduction" to TG than the "Greatest hits" which
came out in the (post)industrial-heydays. Time do change, I know.........
That considering I think that apart from the "bootleggish" artwork, which
distracts from the content, it is quite ok.

Robert