[Grief] TG+ is Sweet!

Cameron Smart cammysmart at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 14 13:33:19 EDT 2004

Well we can forgive them on that. For my money the
mixing and the re-just-about-everything of the live
stuff has been Chris Carter's most important
contribution since 1981. My only disappointed (and not
his fault at all) was that he couldn't quite clean up
the Los Angeles concert. But if the tape's knackered
the tape's knackered I suppose.

Thanks, by the way to whoever it was that told us
about Forced Exposure selling copies of TG NOW. Got my
copy the other day for $17 having been outbid at $60
or something on ebay.

I was one of the ones with 'foreboding' at this stuff
and am pleasantly surpised:

X-Ray and Splitting Sky are great stuff. Very
impressive indeed.
Almost Like This, and How do you Deal? are interesting
musically (particularly How do you Deal?, very Coil).
Vocally I think they're a bit weak. The real
incongruity for me in these recordings is that there
is still the guitar through it. Not a bad thing, but
it just strikes me that if a band with a sort of TG
agenda started up just now, I don't think they would
have a guitarist.

Anybody heard any news lately on the 'new CD' coming
out in 2005? Was that what the session in May was for
or is that only going to be for a DVD? Are they going
back in the studio together again? Have they fallen
out yet?