[Grief] TG Cover tunes?

Louisa Bannon triskela at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 25 02:45:39 EST 2004

Dave B said:
>Is it just me or is it really as horrible as I think it is

You shouldn't listen to anything that doesn't satisfy your particular "ear
worm" but just keep in mind that I am almost 100% positive that the support
band for Marc Almond were the members of TG themselves. Obviously, such a
fact should have no bearing on your opinion of the song; but perhaps the
song can be considered in terms of what TG might have sounded like if they
had tried to water themselves down into some kind of true pop music band.

So, instead of Discipline live from Manchester which is fucking amazing, you
get Discipline by Marc Almond -- in all of its smarmy glory!  I happen to
like Marc Almond's "torch singer" persona, so I actually kinda like it
myself.

But I wouldn't think of trading it for the "Rafters" performance.

-- Triskela