[Grief] New TG album being recorded

David Bourgoin david_bourgoin at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 10:33:47 EST 2004

 --- Daniel Wiklander <daniel at bomben.se> wrote: >
> > I would like to know why exactly it is they fall
> into this trap. In
> > particluar, why does Pete feel it is necessary to
> kick new life into a
> > dead band? After all, Coil is alive and well.
>
> > What could a new TG album possibly contribute?
> About as much as the
> > latest Kraftwerk, I guess.

Exactly. They left behind a great body of work and a
new album is never going to be the same and will just
tarnish their reputation.

The only reason I can see them doing it for is money.
I'm sure all of Gens operations aren't cheap and I
don't imagine that C and C sell huge amounts. Though I
am surprised that Sleazy has agreed to it.

But maybe I'll be wrong and it'll sound like Coil with
the rest as a backing band.

As long as it doesn't sound as lame as the Soft Cell
reunion album.

Dave B