[Grief] okay, i'm seeking this again: Dorothy 7"

Louisa Bannon triskela at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 14 20:57:12 EST 2004

Jon said:
>I have enough junk on here and frankly I'm skeptical about file-swapping
>programs. I realize in the past there has been spyware that has come with
>soulseek, and, although they claim not to use it any more, they update
>their program all the time so could probably change their mind without
>telling you.

I have soulseek installed, but very rarely run it. It doesn't seem to have
any spyware or adware that I can find.

If you don't mind the suggestion I'd say you should be running an anti-virus
program, something like lavasoft ad-aware, and spybot about once a week
anyway. I think the last two are free, I don't use a free antivirus program
myself but I don't doubt they exist. The main thing is to get the right
version of soulseek, I think there may be a copycat program out there --
something like that, that's what the trouble has been. Follow a proper link
from Slyck.com to be sure of what you are getting.

I don't think there's anything hugely wrong with being a  pure leech for the
short time it might take to download this one song for yourself.

I, myself, wouldn't mind downloading the files you intend to use for your
radio show. Could they be hosted somewhere for the list, if even
temporarily? I have collected mostly just the TG stuff myself, so checking
out the rest of the Industrial Records output might be interesting.

- Triskela