[Grief] okay, i'm seeking this again: Dorothy 7"

Jon Whitney turbid at turbid.com
Fri Feb 13 17:51:21 EST 2004

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, random99 wrote:

> > yeah, i don't have nor do i want to put soulseek on my computer
>
> Out of curiosity, mind me asking why? If you are generally against "file
> sharing" for whatever reason, that's fair enough, but as you're asking for a
> _copy_ of the Dorothy songs anyway?

I have enough junk on here and frankly I'm skeptical about file-swapping
programs. I realize in the past there has been spyware that has come with
soulseek, and, although they claim not to use it any more, they update
their program all the time so could probably change their mind without
telling you.  I just don't trust it and prefer not to give people access
to my personal comuputer.

As for sharing files, well, nobody's going to make -any- money off a sale
of Dorothy 7" who took part in recording it.  Anybody who's selling them
now are selling them for their own pure profits anyhow.  I actually think
the whole claim that filesharing led to the downturn of the music industry
is bullshit.  The economy went in the complete dump which means that
people will spend less money on unnecessary things.  Music is less
essential for survival than rent, heat, and food....

jonwhitney
TURBID.COM