[Grief] Re: Who/Where

markjarvis markjarvis at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 11:07:39 EST 2004

I am 40 and have been a TG fan since 1978.  I live in California now but
I lived in Leeds, England during the 70's and early 80's.  I saw TG
several times - The Factory in Manchester (May 79), The Fan Club Leeds
(Feb 80), Sheffield University (June 80), and Rafters Manchester (Dec
80).  I collect their music and memorabilia fanatically and I arguably
have one of the most extensive collections - from the original 2nd
Annual Report through the 24 hour tape box set to the present day
(already have a copy of Mutant TG).  I have a complete set of Industrial
News and even have the invitation to the taping of Heathen Earth (I got
it from one of the attendees).  You could say that it is an obsession to
this day.

I became a punk in 1977 and fell in love with The Clash, Magazine and
Wire (my first live gig - 1977, and also my first fight!).  I then fell
in love with Cabaret Voltaire, the Human League, Vice Versa (they went
on to become ABC) and Throbbing Gristle.  But it was TG that determined
my mood, my passion and ultimately my teenage years.  To this day, my
nickname with my closest friends is still TG and I still have the
famous(?) "We are compelled.." tshirt.  I was a regular correspondent
with the band and I still get emotional when I read the letter I got
from Cosey telling me they were splitting up.

TG's split left a bit of a void in my life.  I tried to get into PTV but
it just wasn't the same, and Chris and Cosey/CTi didn't ring my bell.
TG24 and TG+ brought back a lot of great memories.  Naturally I'll be at
RE-TG and hope to see some of you there.

Mark