Antw: RE: Antw: [Grief] TG24 extras

Louisa Bannon triskela at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 8 19:13:25 EST 2004

>I believe I have a copy of just about everything, except maybe the Sordide
>Sentimental version of "Five Knuckle Shuffle".

Well, I hope I sent Jon web-ready scans of the packaging recently, but so
far there is no reply. I assume the mixes off the 7" record are the same as
on one of the CD re-releases (looks like "D.O.A."). Having that, all you are
really missing is the packaging. The only thing I edited was the limitation
number for my particular package (I numbered it all zeros).

Once we get that settled, I have a few other items I plan to scan in also:
some misc. show flyers, the Fetish Box packaging, The Red Ronnie LP and
booklet (which might be redundant:
http://old.roxybar.it/roxymag/mag006/tg/index.html -- the photos should be
different for each language; see also:
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~vijay/TG/tg.html and
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~vijay/TG/texts/text7.html and
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~vijay/TG/texts/text8.html and
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~vijay/TG/texts/text9.html), and scans of what I
got in TG24. I note that not everyone got the Scala Cinema disk nor the
Industrial News booklet. Those two things in particular seem quite unfair
after one has shelled out $200-#300!

I emailed Mute about the missing disk because I ordered my set through
Amazon in the U.S. (I think the presumption had been that the U.S. sets
didn't have the Scala Cinema disk). About three weeks later I got a large cd
sized envelope that had IRCD26 written on the outside in blue ink, inside --
no disk! That annoyed, but when I got my package from Amazon (finally and
ultimately from a secondary Amazon store) it actually had the disk, so no
worries there (not for me at least). But my overall experience is that Mute
needs to get its act together -- for people to be missing even the booklet
seems almost shameful to me.  That's not a choice like the collage cards (a
selection from 8), that's just sloppy set construction. A year since it's
initial release, all of the boxed sets should be complete even with the
Scala Cinema disk. The markup on this kind of collection must be huge, so I
feel that they owe the consumer some assurance of quality. To repack the
sets might cost them some labor time and the cost of the shrink wrapping --
not too much at the price.

-- Triskela