[Grief] TGNow Lyrics

Louisa Bannon triskela at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 6 21:59:02 EDT 2004

Any first attempts at the lyrics for TGNow out there?

I am still really liking this new material. I can see the Coil influence
people have mentioned, but I am also mindful of an original TG sound back
there too. I am guessing it's mainly Carter's gristle effects - not to take
away from anyone else's contributions. Gen still sounds good as the
frontperson for the band. "Splitting Sky" is fast becoming a much repeated
track in my listening habits. For some reason, the lyrics put me in mind of
Birthday Party's "Mutiny in Heaven." Must be the imagery.

If Gen is saying "Iron Wings" then that's an angel that can't fly...

- Louisa