[Grief] Throbbing Gristle live cassettes help needed

JSAHKO at aol.com JSAHKO at aol.com
Sat Oct 11 11:28:28 EDT 2003

Hello,
I have a question for all of the Throbbing Gristle experts.

I purchased some TG cassettes (supposedly IRC0-IRC9) new in a record store
about 12 years ago. On the b-side of the tapes it says something to the effect
of: "This is a V.A.T. Re-release." Can anyone tell me what this means? They
also bear the "Industrial" logo and claim to be "Industrial records."

I was never under the impression that these were originals from the 70s and
80s, but I am curious if they are unauthorized bootlegs or if they are
legitimate. Also, can anyone speculate as to the value of these tapes?

I can provide pictures if it will help.

Thanks, Jack