[Grief] FW: from Sleazy Re: TG Re-Union

Mark Stevens markstevens at waitrose.com
Thu Jul 17 19:49:33 EDT 2003

Whilst I appreciate what you're saying, I feel that I must go to see them.
I wasn't able to see them in their pre-terminated state, so I feel now I
have the opportunity I have to see them.

What are my expectations?  To see many people enjoying the event for what it
is meant be, a celebration of industrial music!  One has to admit, TG were
quite a pivotal entity in the foundation of the genre of music that we know
today as Industrial; to me it seems only natural that they are there.

They have indeed all moved on and now entertain in entirely different ways
to that which TG did.  Not only that but the kit will be completely
different too, most of the original TG equipment has either been trashed or
sold on.  The main ideology of COUM and then TG was to push the limits,
explore taboos and entertain.  All the factions of TG have gone on to
entertain in their own ways, Coil, PTV, C&C.  I am going to be entertained
and wouldn't miss it.  It may be a complete disaster!  Inside I don't
believe that it will be.  I'll go with an open mind and accept what is
delivered.

They might as you say just be doing for the money!  Okay, that's fine with
me.  I don't want them to re-form, there is enough material about from the
76 - 81 period to keep me going, but to see them live.......... Can't miss
it.

We all have our own views and opinions and some will be more prepared to
stand up and have them heard.  Let's let the people that want to go and
enjoy it do so.  Those that want to stay at home and listen to Lisa
Stansfield, well that's fine with me too, but don't preach.

Cheers

Mark