[Grief] TG +

Jon Whitney turbid at turbid.com
Mon Dec 29 16:16:32 EST 2003

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, random99 wrote:

> As far a I'm aware there were only 4 TG videos*, running at around an hour
> each...

Even though the four in question were commercially available, there may
have been more that were filmed.

In addition to the four performances there also are the two Derek Jarman
videos "Time Zones" (not exclusively TG music) and "In the Shadow of the
Sun" (which is exclusively TG music).  I have heard a weird story that Gen
possibly gave all the rights to all the videos (including the Jarman ones)
away, at least he thinks he may have, to the Jettisoundz people, as he's
known to carelessly do (giving the rights away) with PTV music.  However,
Gen was only one of the four people who had rights so it might be possible
the rights were contested.

Copyright laws are written up that the performer, engineer, and producer
all have rights to copy, distribute, compile, remix, or derive a
recording.  So, theoretically, they still own the copy rights, and Gen
might have only given Jettisoundz the permission to manufacture and sell
the videos.  They might still have masters in their possession still.  I
guess we won't find out until it arrives on our doorstep once again!

jonwhitney
TURBID.COM