[Grief] More TG Box Set Woes -- HALP!

Cold Spring info at coldspring.co.uk
Tue Dec 24 20:47:02 EST 2002

Dave,

Can I have your complete and honest assurance that if were you who'd been
"shorted", you'd just shrug and think "get over it"?  Can you honestly say
that this would be your stoical and level-headed response?  Kind of : "Ah
well, it might have cost #180, but what the hell, it's nearly complete."

Of course pieces like this are not just bought for the music - it's an
aesthetic thing as much as it's anything, why else is so much else included
along with the actual CDs?.  Otherwise, I've have asked someone I know who
has the original cassette set to tape it for me ages ago.

As far as employing cheap labour is concerned, why would they do that?  I
would estimate (going on what I know MUTE would have to pay to press CDs now
they are owned by and therefore can use the facilities of BMG / EMI) that
each box set costs Mute #25 max.  So there's definitely room for some
reasonable wages there, and with a good company like Mute,  I wouldn't
automatically assume the
worst...